Many judge the value of a college degree using measures such as graduates' employment and starting salaries. As it turns out, having a job and making money doesn't tell us much about graduates' success in their lives. The ultimate outcome of an education is not just about grades or money -- it is about having a great job and living a great life.
Gallup is leading an important initiative in higher education to create a process of continuous improvement to put strengths-based strategies in place that drive great jobs and great lives for college graduates. Our work with colleges and universities is grounded in more than four decades of research and discovery; we are committed to building a better benchmark for engaging students.
Gallup is uniquely positioned to help universities create cultures of engagement for students and employees. Faculty and staff engagement has high correlation with student engagement, which can have an effect on great jobs and great lives. Backed by decades of science and innovation, Gallup's employee and student engagement surveys give university leaders the vital data they need to create actionable plans for improvement.
Individual Strengths Development
Higher well-being and engagement are driven by each person's ability to lead with strengths and do what he or she does best. Gallup has found that people who focus on their strengths every day are six times as likely to be engaged in their jobs and they are more than three times as likely to say they have an excellent quality of life. A pioneer in the strengths-based movement, no organization is more qualified than Gallup to help universities implement a strengths-based culture. Our StrengthsQuest Operating System empowers students to discover their strengths and align them with career and personal success.
Improving Long-Term Outcomes
The Gallup-Purdue Index offers institutions a unique and much-needed opportunity to discover what life is really like for their graduates. Launched in 2013, the Gallup-Purdue Index is the first-ever measure of college graduates' long-term success in pursuing great jobs and great lives. The Gallup-Purdue Index gives university leaders an in-depth look at their graduates and provides research-based insights to better position their institutions with important audiences, including college-bound students, parents and employers.
The Gallup Higher Education Difference
- 80 years of forward-thinking polls, analytics and advice for higher education
- Benchmark study of college graduates in the U.S. through the Gallup-Purdue Index
- Largest sample of higher education leaders through the Gallup-Inside Higher Ed College and University Presidents Panel
- Gallup-Purdue Index: Measuring "Great Jobs" and "Great Lives" of Graduates
- Gallup-Inside Higher Ed College and University Presidents -- 2014 Survey 1
- Gallup-Inside Higher Ed College and University Presidents -- 2014 Survey 2
- Gallup-Inside Higher Ed College and University Presidents -- 2014 Survey 3
- A Lumina Foundation and Gallup Report: What America Needs to Know About Higher Education Redesign
- Gallup Higher Education Solutions
- Strengths Courses for Educators